|A truck burns after crashing into a department store|
Update (9:20 AM CST): The Swedish Prime Minister has announced that one person has been arrested. It's being reported that the truck was stolen, earlier in the day.
Update (1:00 PM CST): Now it seems that the attacker is still at large. It's unclear who was arrested, if anyone was.
It appears there has been another Muslim truck ramming attack, this time at the pedestrian mall and department store in Stockholm. There are photographs of the truck on fire against the outside of the department store. An arial video shows people running in panic. The incident happened at around 4:00 PM local time (8:00 CST).The following bullet points are all unconfirmed, although it appears certain that some have died:
- At least three dead.
- "Large number of injured" (police)
- Terrorist attack (police)
- Gunshots reported
- Driver escaped and is on the run
- Possible second location where gunshots have been reported (could this be related to the escaped driver?)
BREAKING NEWS: Shots are fired after truck crashes into a group of pedestrians in Stockholm shopping centre, 'killing three people' and sparking fears of a terror attack
- Three people are said to have been killed after a truck smashed into shops
- Police said a van rammed into a group of people at a mall in Stockholm
- The driver is said to have escaped and is on the run, according to witnesses
- At least three people are believed to have been killed when a truck crashed into shoppers in Stockholm today.
Police said the vehicle rammed into a group of people on the street outside a shopping centre.
Shots were heard being fired and the driver is said to have escaped, according to witnesses.
The incident took place at Åhlens Mall in Klarabergsgatan.
Hundreds of shoppers were seen fleeing for their lives after the articulated truck rammed into the corner of the building.
Armed police were scrambled to the scene and were seen marching into the store.
Police spokeswoman Towe Hagg said: 'A vehicle has injured people on Drottningatan.'
Police have also said this is a suspected terrorist incident.
Anna who witnessed the incident, said: 'I saw hundreds of people ran, they ran for their lives.
'I turned and ran as well.'The video, below, appears to show people fleeing the scene in panic: